Do you ever have those nights when you get home from work and you are sooo exhausted but really hungry? It’s a night that calls for something quick and easy. Sometimes when people are that tired they feel like they have to resort to some kind of pre-packaged food (cough, cough). Well….I have an answer to those types of nights.
For years as a kid I hated salmon, actually any and all fish, especially tuna from the can. A handful of years ago, I was at a food festival and tried a sample of fresh salmon and was surprised, It was good! If you haven’t tried eating salmon since you were young, this is definitely the way to try it as an adult. It is so tender and the flavour is not fishy, just a mild taste to it. I usually buy it at Costco and just cut the whole thing into single servings, then freeze until ready to use.
I now present you with the easiest recipe you can possibly make on a crazy night! Hoisin Glazed Salmon! It literally takes 3 minutes to make the sauce, 8 minutes to marinade the salmon, (you can make your veggies of choice and pre-heat the oven while it marinades) and then 8 minutes in the oven, and….done!
Here is the supporting cast:
Up next the star of the show:
And the grand finale…
It’s quick, it’s healthy, and yes, you can do this! The recipe for the marinade is from the my recipes website (it is a cooking light recipe featured on my recipes). Try it, you might like it!
Salmon with Hoisin Glaze
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 4 (6 oz) skinless wild salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine first three ingredients in a shallow dish. Add fish to dish, turning to coat. Marinate at room temperature 8 minutes, turning occaisionally.
3. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with sesame seeds. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with rind if desired.